Hello all - I've returned to the MGF/TF fold

New to the MGF Register? Pop in here and introduce yourself, find out what your local region is and view some useful links!

Moderator: Committee Members

Blubelle
MGF Register Region: East Anglia

Hello all - I've returned to the MGF/TF fold

Post by Blubelle » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:53 am

Just to say hi :D

Having given up my first MGTF a few years back, defecting to an MX5 :oops: then a Mini (coz I changed jobs and don't do much more than city driving now)- I've now 'seen the light' and sold the Mini for another MGTF (a 2003 03 135 Sprint) I did enjoy driving the Mini, they are fun city cars - but every time I saw an F or TF on the road I felt quite envious.

A couple of weeks ago, whilst off out with my OH (on a coastal run) we drove past a local garage with a super shiny blue 135 sprint and I made him stop for a quick looksee. Long story short - I went back the next day with my ickle Mini and struck a deal.

My new toy has had one owner - apparently an MG enthusiast (or so the garage chappie said). He has kept all records of work done and it has had a fsh, has done just under 58K and the bodywork is decent. Two new rear tyres in the last year, cambelt service completed and the roof, rear window are in really good nick. So I reckon the chap looked after it.

Had my first fun drive yesterday dropping DD off to Fakenham - roof down both ways and what a blast! Literally, note to self, must get a windstop.

I joined the MGF register last time round, so of course, have done again - coz there's a lot of useful info on this and the rover.org site. I'm already putting some pennies (ok pounds) aside, coz I know these cars need money spending and there are a few 'treats' I want to get.

The only question I have right now is can anyone recommend a decent garage in East Anglia (I live in Norwich) - someone who knows about MG's - so, as and when I need it serviced etc, I can go to a trustworthy and experienced place.

Ta muchly :thumbsu:

sparky135
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: MG TF Spark

Re: Hello all - I've returned to the MGF/TF fold

Post by sparky135 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:05 am

Welcome back to the register Bluebelle. :thumbsu:

Congratulations on the purchase. I hope it give you many many miles of fun, trouble free motoring. Do you have any pics yet?

As far as finding a decent garage in your area goes it might be worth asking in the East Anglia section. I'm sure Jon and the guys and girls there will be able to point you in the right direction.
John
MGF Register South Coast Regional Rep
south.coast@mgfregister.org
www.scrr.org.uk

Blubelle
MGF Register Region: East Anglia

Post by Blubelle » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:54 am

Ta muchly - yep, will post on the EAMGF in a mo. Will put up some pics when a) I get around to taking some then b) learn how to do it again. Oh and I must give her a wash, so she's looking her best. Couldn't believe that the minute I picked her up the heavens opened (how come rain is so dirty - okay I know there a whole science thing explaining that, but it is odd). Ooh that reminds me that I'll have to invest in some decent car cleaning supplies too (here we go again ching ching)

Paula
MGF Register Region: South Coast
Model of Car: 80th LE TF135

Post by Paula » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:46 am

Hello and welcome back Bluebelle!! :thumbsu:
MGTF 80th Anniversary Goodwood Green #1469