Which model MGF have I got?

You can talk about anything here. You'll also find a section with member posted photos of our events here.

Moderator: Committee Members

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Re: Which model MGF have I got?

Post by adrianclifford » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:59 pm

One thing with the Sunstorm (and the Sprint also)...how would you know you have one ?, there are few visible differences and you need to know what you are looking for to even have a clue, mainly it's the alcantara combination as there is no badging difference and no unique colours.

Ask Dave or Dieter how many Sunstorms actually were built (they can look it up much quicker than me :P ).
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.

JGGB
MGF Register Region: Elsewhere
Model of Car: MG TF 115 SUNSTORM

Post by JGGB » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:10 pm

I have just received the V5C Registration document registered to me and this says TF 115 Sunstorm. Good to know all this, thanks.
Thanks, Gavin

Dieter K
MGF Register Region: Europe
Model of Car: '99 MGF 1.8i

Post by Dieter K » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:21 pm

adrianclifford wrote:One thing with the Sunstorm (and the Sprint also)...how would you know you have one ?, there are few visible differences and you need to know what you are looking for to even have a clue, mainly it's the alcantara combination as there is no badging difference and no unique colours.

Ask Dave or Dieter how many Sunstorms actually were built (they can look it up much quicker than me :P ).
I just looked up the files. They where 1073 Sunstrom LE built.
773 left is good number.

Regards
Dieter
MGF 1.8i, PTS. HEF-MG96

adrianclifford
MGF Register Region: Essex
Model of Car: MGTF 80LE

Post by adrianclifford » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:31 am

There you go and that's direct from the historic data supplied by MGRover, so unlike some other searches, it's correct.
Bilstein shocks, Piper 4-2-1 manifold, Daytona, Vader cold-air induction, custom Z and F Stage 2 re-map, Electric boot release, braided hoses, Blue Magnecor leads, Technozen relays, Stage 1 head, BMW Angel Eyes headlights, "MG" puddle lights.