pscan on an ipad?

http://www.ukmgparts.com
Ask the Gurus - Use this board to discuss problems or technical issues you have with your MGF/TF - there's always an expert around to help you!

Moderator: Committee Members

Forum rules
Not many rules really, this board being aimed at technical issues, it shouldn't fall foul (hopefully) of some of the more personal issues that can affect forums.

Rule 1 - Is that you need to think very carefully before posting anything technical or asking anything technical relating to the security system of the car - See 'Security Issues' sticky for more info.

Rule 2 - We (MGF Register) do not support copyright infringement and therefore references to CD ROM, PDF versions or paper copies of the workshop manual (for instance) should not be posted on the forum. We don't want to get into trouble and we'd rather sell you a genuine hard copy through our Regalia shop anyway! :)

Because advice is honestly and freely given in this technical section, much of it will be amateur experienced based, so any information is given in good faith and is not guaranteed as correct.
alan@bessell.com
MGF Register Region: Devon & Cornwall

pscan on an ipad?

Post by alan@bessell.com » Thu May 16, 2024 8:30 pm

I do not have a laptop. I do have a desktop Mac. Is there any way to get pscan on my ipad? I suspect not but no harm in asking….

nigelandjo
Committee Member & Regional Rep
MGF Register Region: Somerset & Dorset
Model of Car: TF85th,TF135,Trophy

Re: pscan on an ipad?

Post by nigelandjo » Thu May 16, 2024 9:21 pm

Details on the Pscan website: https://pscan.uk/install/install.html

You can install on Windows, Linux or MAC OS X
Nigel May
Somerset & Dorset Regional Rep, Membership Secretary, Registrar & Archivist
Email: somerset.dorset@mgfregister.org
members@mgfregister.org

MGCC Members register here: https://mgfregister.org/?page_id=319

alan@bessell.com

Post by alan@bessell.com » Sat May 18, 2024 4:45 pm

This I know. I can download to my desktop but not my ipad.

Rob Bell
Committee Member
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: MGF 1.8i + MGF Shed!

Post by Rob Bell » Mon May 20, 2024 11:56 am

I bought a very cheap windows tablet PC, which was fine to run the PSCAN - but because of the way that Apple manage what apps can or cannot be run on their devices, I don't think that Phillip has implemented this on Apple mobile devices...?

alan@bessell.com

Post by alan@bessell.com » Mon May 20, 2024 9:30 pm

Thanks Rob. Given microsoft’s endless updates and eventually needing to pay for the next version of windows, I think I shall lug the desktop downstairs in the first instance.

Notanumber
MGF Register Region: South East
Model of Car: TF 135 Sunstorm

Post by Notanumber » Tue May 21, 2024 11:04 am

Lugging the desktop out to the car shouldnt be a problem. It seems odd but Ive done it once.

Since then I resurrected a truly ancient Windows laptop to run PSCAN diagnostics. It struggles displaying complex webpages and is on a now unsupported version of Windows but is still more than adequate to run PSCAN . Always worth asking around family members as someone always has an old laptop they have moved on from. PSCAN isnt very demanding on hardware.

alan@bessell.com

Post by alan@bessell.com » Wed May 22, 2024 8:43 am

useful advice. Thank you.

JeremyC
MGF Register Region: South Coast

Post by JeremyC » Fri May 24, 2024 10:05 am

Checkout Morgan Computers, no affiliation other than a very happy repeat customer. Laptops from £150.